For the main course I ordered Chateaubriand steak. Its actually a thick piece of tenderloin that is cut to roughly 500g and its big enough for 2 people to share ( even though I personally can finish all 500g of it xD )
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Ferringhi Grill
Last Sunday I went to Ferringhi Grill for dinner with my parents as it was my last Sunday at home and sort of a "good bye" before I leave to Ulu Klang for another 3 months :)
This was the starter...I have no idea what it was but its something like a meat tartare with some nuts in it.After that I ordered my favourite tomato soup and its a house specialty and its a must try too.
The other thing I like about the tomato soup is that they will specially cook the soup in front of you as if its a show or form of entertainment ( must thank the French for that brilliant idea ) because thats what fine dining is about, it all about entertainment.
That a pure tomato pure frozen into the shape of a tomato with some cream and chopped parsley for decorations.
First they heat up the pan, add a few drops of olive oil, add in some garlic and season it with mushrooms.Add a little bit of alcohol and flambe the ingredients to seal in their flavour before adding the pure into the pan and heat it under slow fire.
And there you go a tomato soup.....

For the main course I ordered Chateaubriand steak. Its actually a thick piece of tenderloin that is cut to roughly 500g and its big enough for 2 people to share ( even though I personally can finish all 500g of it xD )
That is my steak being cut up before being served...again this is done beside the table for entertainment purposes.
I like my steak to be done medium because I like my steak to be pink inside and see a little bit of blood oozing out from the meat as I cut it :)
Thats me with my emo hair ( cut my hair short like school boy the next day as I was going back for another 3months ) enjoying my steak as dad took the picture without me noticing.
Apart from the chauteubraind, the other type of steak that I like from Ferringhi Grill is the King's cut.The kings cut is a specially grilled 350g of rib eye steak and its served with Yorkshire pudding, red wine and mushroom sauce with English mustard.Its a typical English dish and the locals use to joke that that piece of steak is only fit for a king to eat.
My bro was feeling ambitious that night and decided to give the king's cut a try...but in the end it was too much for him and I had to finish it up for him.
For the main course I ordered Chateaubriand steak. Its actually a thick piece of tenderloin that is cut to roughly 500g and its big enough for 2 people to share ( even though I personally can finish all 500g of it xD )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'll see you during christmas then mate. Have a great time back in england. we'll have a king's cut together when you're back. Haha.
sure....not 1 but 2 cut k :) hahaha
Post a Comment