Wednesday, November 21, 2007

God Save Penang

This article was taken from C.A.P

Dear Penangites,

PGCC has been heavily promoted in the media lately and the public is being kept in the dark about the real implications of this mega project. This RM25bil. project is so massive that each and every one of us will be affected by it. Information given so far by the developer, Abad Naluri (an associate company of Equine Capital Berhad), on this mega project is scanty and misleading. There will be 38 high-rise towers built in addition to the 2 ugly 'iconic' towers, more traffic jams, pollution, cutting of trees, and road widening and construction of tunnel and underpass using the taxpayers' money (not the developer's). The 'Metropolitan Park' of 840 acres is inclusive of the existing Botanic Garden (592 acres) and Youth Park (178 acres). The saddest thing is, this project was launched by the Prime Minister in September 2007 despite not having obtained all the approvals required. The PM also told the state government to fast-track any pending approvals that will hold up implementation of the project.

The serious and valid objections from NGOs are receiving extremely poor media coverage and every effort of the NGOs to reach out to the public by posters and banners has been hampered by destructive Mat Rempits. By writing this email to you, I hope that more Penangites will be aware of what the real PGCC is about. Please click on the links below to find out more about the 'real' PGCC and to watch the videos including video of the briefing held at Taman Scotland.

The NGOs need your support for the STOP PGCC Campaign. What you can do to support the campaign is to:-
1. forward this email to every Penangite you know.
2. fill in and send out protest postcards addressed to the Penang Chief Minister.
3. stick a "SAY NO TO PGCC" car sticker on your car windscreen.

*free postcards and car stickers are a
vailable at Consumers Association of Penang (CAP), No. 10 Jalan Masjid Negeri, 11600 Penang and at Penang Heritage Club, No. 26 Church Street, 10200 Penang.

see...I knew this will happen and I was never a huge fan of this PGCC project from the start. I think it is a stupid idea and a total waste of our tax payers money. This whole project is just another fiasco by the goverment to woo voters to their side.

May God Bless My Beloved Penang....I don't want to come back home after spending 7 years abroad and find out that Penang Island have sprouted an extra 40 dicks near my house!!! When I wake up in the morning, I want to see Penang Hill from my window not 40 dicks!!!!

Penang is already facing massive traffic jams at the moment and yet for some ingenious idea, some guy at the top wants to plan a new mega project right in the middle of Penang??Wat are they trying to do??Increase the bumi popultion in Penang so that Penang will not fall into the hands of the opposition??

I am not a huge fan of politics and I don't like politics at all but at the moment if the goverment still insits on going ahead with that project, I advise all Penangites to support the opposition as a sign of saying no to the goverment.I hope Kamunting won't be going after me for this post.

No comments: