Monday, November 06, 2006

Big Bro Special


I was flipping through the Star Newspaper Section 2 for no particular reason (I was bored okay)a few days ago, and then something caught the very corner of my eye.It was an article written by some guy called BMW,PENANG to Big Bro.Apparently this guy had some relationship problems and wanted to seek advice from Big Bro.Here's the copy of the letter sent by him to Big Bro.




Confusing signals

I HAVE known a girl, Y, for many years. We’ve been good friends since primary
school. During Primary Five, there were rumours that Y and I were a couple.
At first, I ignored these rumours since I thought that my friends were playing the
fool, as Y used to sit beside me in class. But as time passed by, I found myself falling
in love with Y. She hinted that she had feelings for me too but I wasn’t sure. I was

too young, innocent and shy at that time to confess to her how I felt.

After Primary Six, we went to different secondary schools and I moved to my new
home quite far away from her. I thought I had lost contact with her since she
was in an all-girl school and I was in an all-boy school.However, things changed
one day when a former primary school classmate invited me to our primary
school reunion. It was at the party that I met up with Y again. Before long,
we had exchanged contact numbers. We’ve been text messaging each other every
day ever since.It’s been four years since that party but our relationship has never
moved to another level. I’ve tried to bring things to a deeper level many times
only to have her reject me.

A friend said that Y thinks I’m not sporting because every time I see her I don’t
say hello to her or smile. This is because I get shy whenever I see her. I have
tried confessing how I feel to her indirectly but she seems to pretend to not get
the message.I recently tried asking her to be my girlfriend but I got the same
response. I’m in Form Five this year and next year, I’ll be going to Australia
to further my studies while Y will be staying in Malaysia. I won’t be seeing her
for at least four years and I’m afraid that she might find another guy because
she’s quite a popular girl.

I feel that time is running out for me. My friends who know about my seven-year
crush now tease me about it. I feel hurt and confused. Even if I finally manage to
get her, I will have to go to Australia. And I’m not a fan of long-distance
relationships. My best buddies are telling me that it’s best to give it a try rather
than to regret later on for missing my chance. Her friends told me that she has
some feelings for me. But, if she does, why is she sending me mixed messages?

I feel like a failure. Should I just give up on her totally or should I still continue
to court her?

BMW, Penang

Here's what Big Bro had to say:


Dear BMW,

You need to ask yourself how much you want to be in a relationship with Y. If
you’re just dipping your toes in and not ready to do more than that, then don’t
be surprised that she’s giving you the cold shoulder.Saying that you’re
“shy” and then using that as an excuse for all your actions is
lame.
One way to interpret your timid behaviour is that itis the result of your lack
of interest. There’s no doubt you like her, but you don’t like her enough to
put yourself on the line. You like her and would be her boyfriend if things
were convenient and easy. You’re not prepared to stick your neck out.
You like her, but not enough.I am sure you’ve heard the expression,
“A faint heart never won a fair lady.” Be a coward and you reap the
coward’s reward. The fair lady rides off into thesunset with another
knight (or she takes the initiative and comes to rescue youfrom your timidity).
You need to be less self-conscious and self-absorbed and look closely at this
girl whom you declare you like very much and that you “don’t want to lose
to some other guy” because “she’s the perfect one” for you. If she means that
much to you, why are you sitting on the sidelines? She’s not the only one
giving mixed signals.

I couldn't believe it!!!This sounds so familiar...I know a friend who
has exactly the same problem as that guy.Hey,wait a minute....
could he have written the letter??Oh my gosh!!!It could be him!!!
Well,to tell you all the truth,it was I who wrote the letter for
him(how evil of me huh?).Well,you see...as you all know,life in
school is very VERY VERY boring.So out of this boredom
,me and my friend(LeeCH) came up with this prank idea to
write a letter concerning a true story of a guy with relationship
problems and send it to Big Bro.And hence the story writing began.

Me and LeeCH...c o-authors of the letter

Big Bro certainly did a good job of editing the original letter.The
original letter was about roughly 2 pages long.I wonder
how did he manage to condense 2 pages of words and
summarise it into a few paragraphs.So after spending 2 days
of story writing with LeeCH we decided to send the letter to
Big Bro.The first time we sent the letter it got rejected.
Big Bro said that it did not contain a name,address,telephone
number,IC number ect.Great...just great!!So in order to make
this prank work I had to use MY name,MY house address,
MY telephone nmber,MY IC number.

2 months later the letter was finally published.Everyone who
saw it had a good laugh because most of them knew who
was BMW Penang and his situation.The prank did its job,
everyone had a good laugh including BMW Penang himself.
It was so funny that LeeCH decided to make another one
for Robin*.We'll just have to wait and see when the next
one will be published.

I know you all are staring in disbelive on how could I be so evil,how
could I do such a thing.All I have to say is having a good laugh once
in a while wouldn't kill you right??
I would like to take this
opportunity to apologize for the inconvinence I might have cause
to BMW Penang,Y and also Robin*

This prank was brought to you by LeeCH.inc and

*names have been changed to protect their identities



1 comment:

Zhi said...

Dude, that's so awesome. I salute you
:)

Zhi